Manistee ISD Truancy Plan
- Schools will operate within their district’s rules for excused/unexcused absences and parent notification. School administrators will use their discretion to determine when to pull the “trigger” on a truancy referral.
- At 10 Unexcused absences, school districts will meet with the parents of the truant student and create a plan to improve the student’s attendance.
- If improved attendance does not occur, the school will send the following items to the Manistee ISD Superintendent: Powerschool Demographic information, Attendance Report, Current Grades, and information from the school’s meeting with the parents (i.e. date of meeting, plan created, etc…).
- The MISD supt. will forward this information to the School Liaison Officer who will then contact the family and determine why the attendance issues are occurring.
- If attendance still doesn’t improve, the School Liaison Officer will submit the necessary paperwork to the Prosecuting Attorney’s office.