Manistee ISD (MISD) is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Manistee ISD takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. MISD is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of MISD. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- Phone: (231) 723-4264
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: 772 East Parkdale Ave, Manistee, MI – 49660
We try to respond to feedback within 1 business day.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of MISD, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for MISD:
- The website is undergoing a redesign for accessibility issues in 2021: Some images and design layers are not visible and have no text alternatives. Parts of the calendar are not accessible because of a lack of focus. We are working with the Office of Civil Rights to correct these errors in design. Please report issues to email@example.com
MISD assessed the accessibility by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the MISD School Board, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.