TIER 1: Assistive Technology (AT) Chat
What can you expect from an AT Chat?
- Informal process
- Staff member needing assistance fills out a Google Form with basic information (student name is not used)
- AT Consultant contacts staff to problem solve via phone, email, or in-person
- Basic strategies are provided, or the case moves to Tier 2 of the AT Process
- Initiate an AT Chat here
TIER 2: Assistive Technology (AT) Consultation
What can you expect from an AT Consultation?
- Focuses on AT that is readily available (built in features, items not being used or under utilized)
- Lasts as long as needed, but is often 1 or 2 contacts between the educator and the AT consultant
- Results in tools/strategies that can be used the same day
- May lead to AT SETT Process (Tier 3)
- Not a service that is documented in the IEP
- Initiated by filling out the AT Review Form
- Requires parental consent
- Initiate AT Consultation Here
Tier 3: Assistive Technology (AT) SETT Process
What can you expect from the AT SETT Process?
- If more information is needed after Tier 1 and 2, the SETT Framework Process will be initiated.
- Team fills out the AT SETT Consideration Form.
- A team meeting is scheduled to discuss SETT Framework results, tool trials, and organize the gathering of data.
- Designated team member/s gather data.
- Device/tool is suggested based on the data.
AT Review Form
Please click here to download the Assistive Technology (AT) review form.
Technology Training Request
Please click here to fill out a form to request technology training.
AT and Communication Consideration Checklist
Please click here for a quick-guide to help with AT/Communication consideration in the IEP.